Muscle Pain London
One of the biggest misconceptions of massage therapy is that it is a luxury reserved for vacations or a spa day. But there is a reason why it is called massage “therapy,” it is a necessary treatment in relieving some common muscle pains and complications. If you suffer with muscle pain in the London area, and you are looking for an effective and non-invasive treatment, then e encourage you to consider massage therapy at Synergy Massage today. Read on for more information.
Deep tissue massage and how it works on muscles
Usually, chronic muscle injury or tension causes adhesions (bands of rigid and painful tissue) to form in the tendons, muscles and ligaments. These adhesions hinder the blood circulation and cause pain, inflammation and restricted movement. Deep tissue massage actually physically breaks down these adhesions thus relieving pain and restoring normal body movements. To achieve this, the massage therapist commonly uses direct and deep pressure or applies friction across the grain of the muscles.
Deep tissue massage and how it works for pain and discomfort in the muscle
Patients may experience pain and discomfort at certain stages of the deep tissue massage. If this is the case, the patient should immediately inform the massage therapist if the pain or discomfort is unbearable. Mostly, patients will have some pain or stiffness after a deep tissue massage is done; however, it should subside within 1 or 2 days. The massage therapist may also recommend ice or medistik spray or gel application to the affected area after the massage.
What are some of the benefits of massage for muscle pain?
Some of the benefits that can be experienced with massage for muscle pain includes:
- Massage is one of the easiest treatments in muscle spasm for bringing back the normal contractility and function of the muscle.
- Massage done for muscle strain helps in improving flexibility, relaxing the muscle, and leaving the person feeling fresh and energetic.
- Massage therapy also helps in improving the blood and oxygen flow.
- Massage therapy enhances stamina and performance levels.
- Massage done for muscle strain decreases the chances of re-injury.
- Massage promotes the healing process.
For more information about how massage therapy can help treat muscle pain in the London area, please feel free to continue browsing through our Synergy Massage website. Click here to find our contact information and to fill out our contact form.